Monday, November 01, 2004

My Quest at Vocabulary Building..!!

I tried my level best(So to Say) at improving vocabulary in the past 5 years..
Being a guy who studied in Marathi medium, i always faltered here and there..
Right from News papaers, Barrons, Word Power Made easy, Six weeks to vocabulary Building to All About Words..
The list goes long.. And on ... And on..

But for me however hard I try.. I never used to complete a book.. And always used to forget half of What I have learned in the process..

Now although i can say that it isn't very bad but still it is yet to reach a nice level where I would like it to be..

On one sunny Sunday my friend vivek and me took a test.
In the test there was a question to find the odd one out, of the given words..
It had some words like ... Garter, Sash, Wrist-Strap, Glove..
As usual my best knowledge of English came in to play and after wasting some of my time I left the question unanswered..

After the test I asked Vivek ... "Did you solve the odd one out vala Question..??"
He said yes it was quite simple.. ..
Huhhh...i thought this guy is great .. !!
As the words were not of usual context.. Just by curiosity I asked him.." Vivek these words seem to be typical.. Where did you come across these words..??"
He calmly said "Letters to Penthouse volume VIII".

i thought...
a)" woohhhhhhhh.."
b)"This guy is amazing. How can he pick-up words like these, even when he is reading Penthouse...??"
c)"Alas.. i know what to read to satiate my Quest...!!"

1 Comments:

Blogger kullu said...

Well Panty (or panti whats in name?? :)) you seem to be quite good at english looking at your blog. except for a few speling (a deliberate mistake) mistakes. keep up buddy and for a few tips in english u can read my blog :) :D...kullu

11:35 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home